Category: FAQs

Recent Posts

How To Remove Hard Water Deposits

Hard water deposits can really be a pain. This happens when water gets mixed with high mineral content specifically from deposits of limestone and chalk. When the water dries on surfaces, it causes a buildup of these minerals on the surface which can eventually lead to the deposits sticking to bathroom walls and tiles or clogging up drains. In industrial settings, it can cause damage or problems in boilers and cooling towers where hard water buildup can clog pipes and drains. In domestic settings, it can be a cause of lack of suds formation when adding soap or detergent which can affect cleaning and laundry. Limescale buildup can also happen due to hard water deposits appearing in kettles and water heaters.

If you are a homeowner, you know how tough removing hard water deposits can be. By following these methods, we can make sure that those stains will be removed as easy as one, two, three.

QUICK VINEGAR SOLUTION

One way to remove hard water stains is by the use of a vinegar solution. Natural white vinegar is an acid and a strong solvent that can get rid of the toughest hard water buildup. What you need to do is combine a 50/50% solution of water and vinegar. Place them in a spray bottle and start spraying in any surface. It is the best home made remdey to remove hard water stains on glass. It’s useable in any surface except wood. Use a towel to spread it on the surface until all areas affected are covered. Rinse the area clean and buff dry with a dry towel or cloth. Make sure it’s completely dry or water spots may appear again.

TOUGHER HARD WATER STAINS

For tougher hard water stains, you may want to soak the vinegar solution for 5-10 minutes for the surface to absorb the solution so that it will be easier to wipe off afterwards. However, if the vinegar solution does not work, you may need to use a stronger cleaning agent such as hydrochloric acid. However, please make sure to use gloves when handling hydrochloric acid and make sure the room is well ventilated as the chemical can be harmful when touched or inhaled. Make sure to always rinse after use and dry buff the area to prevent future hard water spots from appearing